If you experience any IMAP folder or Synchronisation issue, herewith a link to a page that will help you if you have any IMAP issues when using Outlook: Click Here
If your email is setup as an IMAP account and you are not receiving emails or your inbox is empty, this might be an IMAP folder issue, please do the following:
- Open Outlook, and then click ‘Folders’ tab and choose ‘IMAP Folders’. This opens a dialog box containing IMAP folders.
- Uncheck the “When displaying hierarchy in Outlook, show only the subscribed folders.” check box.
- Save the settings and click F9 key to initiate force Send/Receive check.
If you try and delete an email and get the following message: "The operation cannot be performed because the object has been deleted" , do the following:
- Launch Outlook and go to the File tab.
- Click Account Settings and then click Account Settings option.
- In the opening dialog, click Change
- Go for More Settings > Advanced
- Select the ‘Folders option’ option and look for the ‘Root folder path’ option, and then enter the word Inbox.
- Click Save to apply the changes.
- Press F9 key to check if Send/Receive option is working now.